Monday, December 10, 2007

Treasure Hunt in a Doctor's Office

About 2 years ago, when I was introduced to the sport of treasure hunt, I became obsessed with it very quickly. I tried to get hold of past questions and began analysing them. I have learned a lot of stuff since then.

Later on, I started setting hunts myself. An example of a treasure hunt question is like this:

Q) Door opener found within.

A) STICK NO BILL

Hunters are given specific instructions on where to find the answer, known as a question sector. Within the sector (for example a row of shops), there're many signboards with names of shops etc. The answer of the above question was found on a small plastic board on the wall of a shop.

Notice that the "door opener" in the above question refers to a "knob", and that word is found within STICK NO BILL. For the purpose of treasure hunt, the gaps between K and N; and O and B can be ignored.

I had so much fun conjuring up questions for my hunts. But recently, I realised that perhaps it's time that I do something about this obsession—I am worried that I am beginning to see hunt questions everywhere!

Two days ago I went to see a doctor to treat a skin allergy on my chin. Apparently, it was caused by the shaver I was using. In the doctor's consultation office, there were numerous human anatomical charts all over the walls. The doctor was explaining something about my problem, but my eyes started wondering around the room.

And then all of a sudden I burst out laughing. The doctor was takan aback. There was of course nothing funny about my skin allergy. I had to apologise to the doctor, but I didn't tell him the reason for that sudden burst of laughter.

Looking at all those anatomical charts on the walls, I suddenly thought of a question:

Q) Mightier than the sword?

And that was because I saw the word "PENIS" on the chart. Of course there is supposed to be a gap between "PEN" and "IS", but for the purpose of treasure hunt, it would have qualified as an answer. I was still laughing out loud while I was driving home from the clinic. Oh I really need to do something about this obssession of mine!

7 comments:

Cornelius said...

Hmmm... looking back at the question, perhaps it is possible to improve it. I think a better way to phrase the question is like this:

Q) ... mightier than the sword.

That 3 dots before the word "mightier" suggest that we need to insert something there.

Julie Tan said...

hahaha,

Julie Tan said...

hahaha, u r not the only one, I oso tend to behave like this when I walk around shops in my area.

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry...wanted to use a different name! Hahaha...
Just saying, I've caught the disease too!

Cornelius said...

Ahh... you did, huh, claire?

Which part of your penis caught the disease?

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh I hate it when I do that. Sorry, claire dear, I just couldn't resist that!

Anonymous said...

Uh...if I had one, I'd be freaking out! Hahaha... :P